Equine Buddies Program
Military Animal Project offers a distinct program working with horses and veterans called the Equine Buddies Program. The program is a 3 day onsite equine retreat the helps the Veteran form a close bond with the horse and is an exercise in Leadership, Trust, and Respect.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- The opportunity to connect with your fellow Veterans/Warriors, caring people and the ultimate counselor…the horse.
- An atmosphere of understanding, support, growth and hope.
- A nurturing and emphatic environment with Veterans/Warriors of similar experiences.
- Enlightenment and/or healing by interacting with animals.
- A climate of comfort and safety for small groups and individuals.
- Non-judgmental environment where the horse enables the Veteran/Warrior to identify unresolved internal conflicts and develop self awareness.
- Certified therapy dogs are present to provide comfort to Veterans/Warriors experiencing stress.
- A chance to look at yourself in front of an undistorted mirror…the horse.
- Clarity into reasons for common behaviors and conflicts
- Help with reentry/reintegration into civilian life.
- Up-to-date Veteran resource available.
- We are dedicated to your right to privacy. All details – names, diagnosis, experiences, etc – remain confidential within the Equine Buddies Program.
For more information please call or email: