Veteran Barn Door Project (VBDP)
The Veteran Barn Door Project (VBDP) is a national 501c3 organization Founded by Army veteran Steven “Lucky” DePalma. VBDP helps the Veteran form a close bond with the horse. It is an exercise in leadership, trust and respect. The horse becomes a mirror of how the Veteran is perceived by others and opens the Veteran to the inner issues he/she needs to address to move forward in civilian life.
The Veteran Barn Door Project is committed to bringing balance and trust through horse therapy. Our mission is to provide the structure and the services through equine activities that can support the healing process for PTSD.
Please visit their website at: www.veteranbarndoor.com
WHAT WE OFFER
- Horse riding lessons by certified instructors.
- Non-riding therapy through horse grooming and care.
- Opportunity for social interaction.
- With instructors and volunteers that know horses you have a safe and welcoming environment.
- Other activities that promote and encourage positive sensory interactions.
- We can bring the horses to Veterans and their families to stables in their location.
- Supporting horse stables and their business.
- Fully insured for horse and rider.
Military Animal Project an affiliate of Veteran Barn Door Project and is pleased to be bringing this 3 day, onsite Equine Therapy Program to Ventura County, CA. For more information, please call or email: